Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A busy week

Sat, 13th June. We had just arrived in Utah in time to go to Jessica's bridal shower (or should I say kitchen tea?) hosted by my daughters at the Morgans home. We had fun while the men all went to give Garreth a tool party.

Sun, 14th June. After church we were invited by Jessica's aunt for dinner. After dinner the soon to be married couple opened gifts given to them by family. They received some really lovely gifts from family. We gave them a down comforter as well as all the bedding they will need. Jessica's aunt gave something nicer............a HAND MADE quilt!

Mon, 15th June. Jessica received her endowments and George took everyone to P.F. Changs (a resturant) afterwards to celebrate.

Tues, 16th June. We gave the rehersal dinner, at the Morgan's friends home. The men played basketball. The very soon to be married couple gave everyone gifts, and speeches were made by the parents and some of the siblings of the bride and groom.

Wed, 17th June. They were married in the Salt Lake Temple. All my children together in the temple. This was very special to me. The reception was beautiful. I wish I had taken pictures. There must have been 300 people there.

Thurs, 18th June. We were invited to the Morgan's home to see the married couple open all their gifts. They received some beautiful things. Thanks to Christina Mangelson for the lovely dinner service.

4 comments:

  1. sounds like it was so fun and special to have all of your family together and married in the temple! what a busy week. i'm so sad we couldn't make it to the reception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Sharon, It was great to see ya at the wedding. Thank you so much for the invite. We felt very honored. It was a beautiful wedding and to see such a happy couple. They are so meant for each other- you can see it in their eyes. I opened my blog up so everyone can see it but eventually I would like to get e-mail addresses of those that would like to look at my blog so I can keep the weird people awawy, if ya know what I mean. I love seeing everyone's pictures. Oh, I'm glad you liked the picture of my mother too. I think you both would have become good friends. take care and I'll talk to ya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the whole build up to the wedding that you guys have over in America, I think it is simply stunning. It most definately makes the wedding seem so special and never ending. All the children are married now, I guess it is a huge relief, and they all married really well. You can be proud of the choices they have made, each one has chosen such a perfect match. My turn is coming, but hopefully not to soon. Please post more photo's when you get them, I would really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun week, and the Open House was great too!! We are so lucky; not only do we love Garreth, we absolutely love the Long family!!

    ReplyDelete