Saturday, May 28, 2011

SOUTH AFRICAN VACATION

My wonderful childhood friends Bonny and Eileen.






George and me with our dear friends Mike and Loukia Lerious. It was really emotional seeing them after all these years.




George and his twin sister Louise on the left, and his older sister Elenore on the right.




My dear uncle Bob Beech and his wife. Uncle Bob encouraged our romance when we first started dating. We both lived in Johannesburg in his home in 10 Observatory Avenue, Observatory.




Samantha Long and Emily Holmes.






Samantha, Cindy, Kirsten, Hayden, Louise and Martin. Cousins from George's side of the family. Cameron, Melissa and Garreth you were sorely missed!




George and his beautiful twin sister.







Amber, my brother Garry's only granddaughter. She is so cute!




My three siblings, Garry, Michael, and Valmai with my mother in the middle.





Garry and Wilma, George and I, mother, Michael and Rina, Valmai and Andrew.





Sias and Charleen with little bo peep Amber. Samantha, Eric and Cindy stayed at their lovely home while we were in the Gauteng area. Thanks guys!




All the cousins on my side of the family including Sias and Eric. Christle and Michelle you were sorely missed. From back left Andy, Jessica, Chantal, Sias, Charleen, Cindy, Candice, Samantha and Eric.





My dad's brother Uncle Bob. He was like a father to me.



My cousin Kevin Pienkie with my mother and her only living sibling Aunty Trudie.



Mother and Auntie Trudie. I guess I know what I will look like in a few years.




My dearest friends Hetta and Heater. I love you both sooooo much.



Beautiful girls, mine and Garry's second daughters.




Beautiful youngest child of mine and Elenore.


My cousin Anthony and his lovely wife.



Best Buds Samantha and Nadine.




My two daughers with their lovely cousin Kirsten.




Lorraine and Valmai. Friends from birth.



Cindy and her best friend Samantha Honeyborne








After a 25hour trip from home, four jet-lagged excited folk met George, Garry, Wilma and beautiful Jessica at the Jan Smuts Airport (oops Oliver Tambo Airport). George had arrived in South Africa the day before in order to make last minute preperations for the open house. We went from the airport to the open house. Above are some photographs taken at the open house. on our first day in South Africa.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the photos Aunty Sharon. So sorry I missed you guys ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such an awesome evening! went by far to quickly! Love the photos that you got aunty Sharon!
    Miss you lots!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome evening! Some lovely photo's you got of that evening ......

    ReplyDelete