Sunday, August 9, 2009

Garreth and Jessica are visiting for a few day's before he start's law school at the University of Utah. The day began with us supporting Eric as he did a triathlon (long distant swimming, cycling, and running). They gave award's to the first five athlete's in his age group. He came sixth! Well done! Afterwards, we went to Raging Water's. I've posted some picture's below. Later that evening the girl's went to movies (Julie and Julia) while the guys babysat a sleepy Kamryn. I wish Cindy and Melissa (with her beautiful girls) were here. we really enjoy the laughter when our children are around eg. I received Charleen's bilingual (english and afrikaans) wedding invitation today . . While Sam and I were admiring the invite, Eric peeped over our shoulder and said, "Do South Africans get married in drag." Drag pronounced Draaaggg means Dress. I'm excited as Cindy and Rob will arrive later this week . They will be staying with us while they go to school. Cindy will also be employed partly for Eric.

4 comments:

  1. Eric, Dan, Rob and Jess will need to learn the 'taal' a little, and I guess it will get some goods laughs from time to time. I loved the 'Drag' comment, but in South Africa only men 'Drag' and generally there is a queen amongst that to. I am glad to hear that Garreth is staying in Utah, close to his big sis. It's not long now and you are going to have a little grandson running around. Following the blogs I see Rob really worked hard in LA and now it is back to studies. I guess it will be nice to have someone at home with you when George is away. Have you still got your little kiddies or have you given it all up. Ever considered keeping a little playgroup twice a week, mornings only type of thing. Love and miss you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had tons of fun. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL- I can only picture everyone dressed in drag....Can you imagine!!
    Hope you are all well. I still cant believe you had the guts to go on that slide...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had so much fun staying with you guys!! Our car breaking down was just a blessing in disguise! Can't wait to come visit again :)

    ReplyDelete