Sunday, September 20, 2009

My family

I love to blog because not only does it help me to stay in touch with my mother, sister, friends, and nieces in South Africa, but it allows me the opportunity to find out how my children and grandchildren are doing. Because I also use it as a diary, I would like to share some news. Today George was called to serve as second councillor to the Sacramento Stake President. He will continue to also serve as a bishop of Laguna Creek 5th ward until a new bishop is called. One of my greatest fears when immigrating to the United States nine years ago was that we would not have the opportunity to serve. All these fears were unfounded. I know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me. I recently stopped doing day-care and so will have more time to spend with my grandchildren. I love to be available to help out when my daughters need me. I also want to spend more time with my sweetheart George ( a week day lunch date every now and then will be a nice distraction). I feel so grateful for my four precious children, for their wonderful spouses, and for my beautiful grandchildren. Dylan is growing bigger everyday and as his other granny said, "There is no mistaking him for a girl". He has the biggest hands and feet I think I have ever seen on a baby! Baby Sharon is speaking clearly now and is just as spunky as me. Kamryn has stated preschool and loves it. Katie has started kindergarten (grade O) and can read and write now.

10 comments:

  1. Hello Sharon
    Congratulations on George's new calling. I am so glad that he has had the opportunity to be a Bishop again, it was so short here in SA. And now as a counsellor in Stake Presidency to.

    Isn't it wonderful that the Lord uses his worthy servants where ever they may be.

    I love catching up about your family on the blog and compliment you on wonderful prosterity. The girls and Garreth have grown into beautiful women and all look so happy.

    Love you guys and miss you.
    Chat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to George on the new calling, will tell Mother when I get home from work, she will be really proud. I remember just before you guys left, we came up from Durban to bid you farewell, and I am so glad we did. You were so unsure and uncertain, and just look how well it worked out for you all. Your family has grown in numbers and they are all doing so well, it has really been a blessing for you all. Obviously we miss you all so much, I really do since my visit, but it is nice for me because I know everyone now and that is really nice for me. I am so glad that you are blogging now. You won't hear from me for a few days as we go tomorrow to Jhb for Charlene's wedding on Wednesday. Love and miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so proud of both you and dad. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to hear how well you guys are doing on the other side of the world.
    Enjoy every precious moment you get to spend with your family cause time is precious.

    Congrats to Uncle George too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of Dad, he is so wonderful and just such a good man. And so are you mom, a great mother and woman. I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so excited for George!! He is a wonderful leader and what a great opportunity for him to do more good! He is such a wonderful example to us :) You have a wonderful family and I am thankful everyday to have such amazing in-laws! You guys are the best! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so excited for George!! He is a wonderful leader and what a great opportunity for him to do more good! He is such a wonderful example to us :) You have a wonderful family and I am thankful everyday to have such amazing in-laws! You guys are the best! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet post! I love you and Dad so much! I have been greatly blessed in my life to have good parents. I will always be thankful although I don't always show it!
    And Sharon is a little feisty thing just like her ouma;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations George!! Your Stake is lucky to have you. Sharon how nice for your grandkids to have you around. Lots of love, Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mom, time to update the blog don't ya think.

    ReplyDelete