Sunday, March 14, 2010

TRIP TO FLORIDA

George and I went for a few days to Florida, and while he worked, I played! I went to the Kennedy Space Center (An absolute MUST if you are in the area of Orlando!). I also went to Disney World's Magic Kingdom and Sea World. One evening George and I went to see a live show (Blue Man Group) at Universal Studio's. We also went to Cocoa Beach on the Atlantic Ocean, which reminded me a little of the Beaches in South Africa, and Clearwater Bay on the Gulf of Mexico (This was one of the nicest beaches I've seen, the sea sand was white and like baby powder). I only have two regrets about our trip to Florida. First and most important, if I could turn back the clock of time, I would take Katie (my oldest granddaughter) with me. The second regret is that we lost our camara and while I don't care about the camara, I wish I had the photo's we had taken of our trip. The day before we went to Florida, Ryan Paddock came over to our home and spent the night with us - I'm forgiven!

7 comments:

  1. So sorry about the photo's, but you have the memories stored safely away, so great that you could go to Florida with George. Just to say, Nanna is back home, fine and well, enjoyed her little holiday, was very happy to spend some time with family and friends. Cindy wanted Nanna's address, so I am posting it here if you don't mind, Mrs NL Bester, 46 Len Nichol Street, Amanzimtoti, 4126, RSA. We are going camping again this weekend, taking Friday off, and Monday is a Public holiday, so we will feel like we are having more of a break than last time we went. Love and miss you all ............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful. I have seen the Blue Man group on Youtube and they seem amazing! Sorry about your camera - I would hate to lose mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who says you have to be a kid to enjoy Disney World??
    Sure you would have had more fun with Katie though. They make us see things through different eyes!
    Mwah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, i'd love to have lunch on thursday. I'll call Cindy and plan it. We'll shoot for Thursday though.
    P.S. I missed having you around while you and dad were gone, and not only for the babysitting. See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. you lost your camera...that sucks. I wanted to see pictures. I am glad that you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha! I'm sure Ryan forgave you long before. ;) It would be nice to see the pics of your holiday. You just going to have to go again soon with another, newer camera..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds so fun! I also love the beaches in Florida. So sorry about your camera & photos. I am glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete