Monday, April 19, 2010

Our Dear Friend Alex

It was with much sadness that we heard that Alex passed away. He touched the lives of all who passed his way. In our travels we have met many wonderful people, but Alex was one of a very special kind. Reasons why we love him:
- He had the ability to love people unconditionally.
- He possessed the pure love of Christ (charity).
- He was our very best friend.
- He was one of the few people we could go on vacation with and have fun.
- When we lived in South Africa, he would often just pop in for a visit, and would bring the
children chocolate or candy.
- He loved the gospel and lived his religion.
- We first became friends when we lived in Nigel and he was our home teacher. He never
missed a month and would spend quality time with our family.
- He was an amazing bishop.
- He was a man without guile.
- He was a wonderful father. I would watch how Elra's eyes would light up when he walked into
his home.
- He was a wonderful example.
- He is married to the most amazing person I know.

-

4 comments:

  1. Wow that made me cry.
    He really was a truly good man! He reminds me so much of dad and that's why I loved him so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear the sad news ...... Mother will phone tonight. We would have gone up to Jhb to see George this weekend if I we hadn't already booked and paid to caravan from Friday morning to Tuesday. It is going to be tiring for George but it is still great that he is coming for the funeral. When does George arrive and leave again? Love and miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our lives are so enriched when they have been touched by people like Bro Alex. What a priviledge to have known him, and what a great reunion to look forward to.

    Does George need to be picked up at the airport? a place to stay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sister Sharon,

    It was so wonderful to have your husband at the funeral today. I didn't know he was coming and when he walked into the chapel where Devra and I were setting up I was so pleased to see him. I had to quickly walk into the kitchen because I wanted to cry. His talk was so beautiful and it was so nice to see his love for his dear friend.
    I asked him to please send my love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete