Tuesday, July 13, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY


How time flies. Twenty four years ago I held a perfect baby girl in my arms and she has had me wrapped around her fingers ever since. Lucky for me, she was never demanding, or selfish. Just the opposite. She was the calmest, happiest, easiest baby to take care of. All she seemed to need was to watch me going about my daily housewife chores. After growing a few years, she continued to show her wonderful disposition. I remember one Christmas asking the children to write their gift list letter to Santa. All my youngest daughter wanted was a set of false nails. Once I went with George to Taiwan for ten days and it broke my heart to leave my young daughter behind. Before saying goodbye she tucked a letter into the palm of my hand and told me that I could not open it until I was on the airplane. The letter was a love letter to her mommy, with a plea to come home safely. When we arrived in America, she found a job working for a dentist, so that she could be financially independent. She was only sixteen years old. She is now the best dental assistant around. Cindy, you are the only one of my children that was born under the covenant. I believe that you are a special gift from our Heavenly Father. I love you dearly.



5 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Wishes to Cindy I already know you all had a wonderful time - and yes I remember those nails - you were visiting us in Durban that December ..... and then there is the lovely young lady that got married two years ago ..... all grown up so quickly, just the other day I remember Cindy and Andy as babies and now they are ready to have their own babies (just to say I can't see Andy having children yet!!!) .... WE LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post mom!
    Thanks for sharing that story about the little note she left in your pocket before you went to Taiwan. How sweet is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha. I loved those nail. I remember they are all I wanted. Thanks mom. I love you so much. That was the sweetest post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy really did love those nails. She is so easy to please, and genuinely the kindest person I know. I love living close to her and her closet :)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stories about about Cindy, such a sweetheart and a cutie!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete